Did you know we finally have REAL NFL games starting in 8 DAYS??? That’s right! Next Thursday, September 5th kicks off the NFL’s regular season with Ravens @ Broncos!
I’m so sick of these preseason games. Don’t get me wrong, I love any kind of football, but when the Browns look good in their first two preseason games then look like the Browns this past Saturday while getting crushed by the Colts, I become fully prepared for the regular season.
I still believe the Browns are gonna have a good season this year. God, I’m so nervous about this Browns season.
I am looking forward to Carrie Underwood and her legs…
… kicking off the Sunday night games this year!
Anyway, with the season upon us next Thursday, that means THIS weekend is Fantasy Football Draft Weekend! Woo hoo! I’ve got an online draft Friday night that I’ll conduct from For Shiggles Central with the assistance of Bernie and Bud Light!
Sunday is the big LIVE draft party, taking place at a location that will not be disclosed! And ohhhh there will be food there! Meatballs, beer, fancy pizza, beer, various dips, beer, subs, beer and my award winning chili!
Lots of people attempt to make chili, but I’m one of the few who actually make chili that’s worth eating.
For those of you who fail at producing a decent chili, I offer an early version of my stuff that will wow people at your draft parties!
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 lg. onions (not sweet) largely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers largely chopped (I use orange bells for mine – GO BROWNS!)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 dried ancho chilies (dried poblanos) seeded and cut small
- 4 tbsp. cumin (love the name of this spice)
- 2 tbsp. ancho chili powder
- Ashes from a joint
- 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp. semen (go to http://www.redtube.com if ya need help)
- 2 family size cans tomato soup
- 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes – not drained
- 1 lg. can (40 oz.) dark kidney beans – not drained
- 1 lg. can (30 ½ oz.) Brooks (or other) chili hot beans – not drained
- 2 jars salsa of your choice
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a big ass pot. Add onions, bell peppers, salt and black pepper. Cook and stir often over medium heat until translucent. Add meat & garlic and brown (as a time saver, while the meat is browning, prepare the ancho chilies & chipotle peppers; put ‘em in a bowl with the cumin, ancho chili powder, joint ashes, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, adobo sauce and semen) . Drain grease*. Dump the “bowl of magic in,” add the rest of the ingredients, put the lid on only two thirds of the way and simmer for 2 hours. Stir often to keep chili from sticking and burning. Best flavor if refrigerated overnight and reheated.
*Bestest flavor if you don’t drain the grease, but refrigerate the chili overnight. As the stuff cools, the grease will rise to the top and then harden. Then you can pick that 1/8 inch of hard sludge off the top. This is your recipe now.